Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Would Like to Go With Duckie

I am going to the Prom, again…Well sort of.

I haven’t been to Bunko in a couple of months. It is hard to get away in the evening, I feel bad leaving Ward with the twins and last month Cooper was sick that evening. I am, however going to try and go this month. Even though they are threatening to move it to the day before my little brother’s high school graduation (and thus company coming) and two days before we go out of town for a five day trip to Hershey Park, Gettysburg and DC with Ward’s family. Yesterday, the Bunko leader, she sent out an email telling us what the theme is.

I know you guys are as anxious as I was.

This month’s theme is The Prom.

We are to wear our own high school Prom dresses. I immediately sent an email back to the group telling them they were crazy. Not only am I sure I wouldn’t fit into my old prom dress I don’t even own the silly thing anymore. I got an email back from one of the girls saying, ‘Of course you don’t fit into your prom dress, you just had twins three months ago.’ Where that was very sweet of her, I wouldn’t have fit into my prom dress ten months ago or twenty months ago. I was a lot smaller in high school and when I got married. I am not so small now. I have lost all the pregnancy weight and a few pounds and I still wouldn’t fit into that size 4 dress. That’s why I burned the damn thing. Who needs that hanging over them in their closet? And besides, I graduated. I didn’t think I would need the thing anymore. And to boot, I never even liked my prom dresses. That’s right folks, I went to both my junior and senior prom. No, I wasn’t cool, I was a sucker and I went with my best girlfriend my junior year. Senior year, well I actually suckered Ward into going with me. Ha Ha!

So what am I going to wear? I have thought about it, and I was wondering does anyone know where I can buy Andie Walsh’s prom dress.





I am serious. Really. Truly. I am. Send me a link. If it isn’t too expensive (and really why should it be?) I am wearing that to Bunko.

-june

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the thing to do would be to use the movie as a tutorial and make your own dress. That's what Andi would have done.

It would rock though, if you could show up with Jon Cryer at Bunco, especially if he still has those shoes he wore in Pretty in Pink.