Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Just Wanna Have Fun

I visited amazon today. Because I love amazon.

A lot.

I was looking into cd recommendations for my trip, I know that I am running out of time. Anyways, I looked at their new release page and saw that there wasn't much new being released that I am interested in, but that Cyndi Lauper released a new album today, 'Bring Ya To The Brink'. It already has 11 reviews, all 5 stars, no negative reviews, but of course the only people who have probably bought the cd are those who love her.

I like her, a lot. I especially like 'She's So Unusual'. It was one of my first cds I ever owned and I had several of her records including 'True Colors' (my parents owned a record store and my sister and I both had our own 'True Colors' LP when they came out, I still have mine). My sister and I loved listening to Girls Just Want to Have Fun, IKO IKO (you should have heard me and my sister murder the lyrics to this song), Change of Heart, Time after Time, and Money Changes Everything. We were small fans. I sat through Vibes more than once because of her, I have never cared much for Goldblum.

I am not sure I am going to buy this album because I have not been a small fan of her more recent stuff but after reading the reviews I may at least check it out on Rhapsody. Here are some of my ole time favs however.








Oh, and I seriously loved the way she dressed when I was growing up, she was my idol.

-june

No comments: