Friday, May 9, 2008

Is this the beginning of a bad habit?



I grew up listening to The Marvelous Toy and Puff the Magic Dragon so I got it out for the kids and I to listen to today. They seemed to enjoy it except that Bailey fell asleep before we got to Puff.


Bailey is not really interested in pacifiers. Which is a good thing. Bailey is interested instead in sucking her thumb and holding onto dish towels. Which I don't think is a good thing.

They spit up so much that I started using dishtowels (clean ones, don't worry) to clean up spit up. Then I started putting them under the twins. The burp clothes and even cloth diapers were just not absorbent enough during the burping phase of feeding. I even went and bought new super soft and absorbent dish towels from Target to use. And now Bailey has started to hold onto these dish towels when she is eating and she doesn't want to let go (don't worry she doesn't sleep with them in her crib and I check on her incessantly when she is sleeping anyways because we may just be the most worried parents about SIDS ever). But this afternoon she fell asleep holding one and she reminded me of Linus from the Peanuts, so I had to get a few shots of her.
She no longer has the dish towel, she has moved onto seeking revenge on her big brother. They fell asleep closer than they have slept since they were in utero, he is still asleep and lying rather still. Earlier he kicked her in the head during 'Boa Constrictor'. She is shreeking at him and kicking in his direction. (Ward was trying to teach her how to kick yesterday and she may be concerned about SIDS too). She doesn't seem to like him being so close to her and not moving or making any noise.
-june

No comments: