Friday, May 23, 2008

The Great Procrastinator

I shouldn't be here.

I should be cleaning, folding laundry, and vacuuming. Making grocery lists and Sam's lists. I have a lot to do and the twins nap more and more briefly all the time ( I am NOT complaining, they sleep 10-12 hours at night and that ROCKS!).

But I am a procrastinator. I make lists. I know things need to be done. But I put them off and put them off until the last possible minute.

It finally dawned on me today, that I have a lot to do this week. Packing, cleaning, making graduation invitations, sending said invitations, bill paying, filing, an exercise regimin to begin, parties to attend, parties to throw, clean up, blah, blah, blah.

I spent three hours this morning listening to two children cry while I attempted to make the guest bedroom presentable and clean the bathroom. We have about 12 rooms in our house, at that rate (1.5) hours per room I am never going to get it all done today. And the guest bedroom and bath are usually the fastest cleaned.

So I had finally cleaned those two rooms and I checked my email to see if I had any new album recommendations and I had an email from a friend wanting to come and stay this weekend at our house with his girlfriend and their three kids. I had extended the invitation a month ago and emailed them two weeks ago and had heard no confirmation so I assumed it wasn't going to happen. This afternoon I get an email that all five of them are coming tomorrow morning and staying until Monday, if that's OK still? Well, I extended the offer and I am not going to rescind it so I went down to Ricky's room (still working on names for my brother) and had to clean sheets, and pick up trash and laundry and clean his bathroom. I did accomplish that in about an hour but now I have three more loads of laundry backed up in the laundry room and less time to get everything else done.

And I have a tee-ball game at 6 p.m. and we need to go to Sam's now instead of tomorrow and we need to buy sod to put around the deck so that the people here on Sunday for the BBQ don't have to trapse through dirt. And I have children whom at only 4 months have already caught seperation anxiety, is that even possible? (Coop is in my lap as I type this, he has had to accompnay me all over the house this morning and if I leave him for even a moment he breaks down).

I know half glass empty, we'll here's the filler. I have friends who want to come and stay with us. I have children whom want me to hold them and hate when they can't see me. I have a bunch of people coming over Sunday because they want to hang out. I have to put sod down because Ward added on a nice deck addition. I have rooms to clean because I live in a house. I have a tee ball game to go to because I want to be involved in my God child's life. I have a party to go to tomorrow because I have a sister whom just moved and got old this week and I am going to help her celebrate. I have guest bedrooms to clean because my brother and sister-in-law are coming to stay with us. I have packing to do because we are going out of town. I have graduation invitations to make because I have a brother who is graduating from high school. I am lucky. Really, really, lucky.

But lazy.

I am such a procrastinator.

-june

No comments: