Friday, August 15, 2008

Let the Childproofing Begin

Coop is on the move, I mean the child just doesn't stay still. Crawling EVERYWHERE and pulling up on EVERYTHING. He is quite the little mobile booger. Problem is, well, main problem is, he is attracted, really drawn to danerous objects, usually chargers and other electronics. I know I should remove things and make our house more user friendly for him but I don't even know where to begin. Ok, gates and outlet covers obviously, but from there where do I go?

We have lots of steps ups and step downs and stair cases and DVDs and Books, and blah, blah, blah. So I am asking, begging, pleading with you experienced parents out there, what do I do? I move him away from something and he heads straight back. Can he really be at this stage already? Really?

Bailey on the other hand is still crawling backwards two inches for every inch forward.

-june

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since having chidren, I decided that the crawling/walking stage is when true parenting begins. Sure, your life changes when their born, but it doesn't actually get hard until they're getting into everything. I think every child is different in this regard. You CANNOT keep them out of everything - just keep them alive. We stuck with outlet covers & 1 gate at the top of the stairs. If you have lots of stairs, you're gonna have a lot of fun.