Friday, April 25, 2008

I Hope I Don't Depress, I Was Merely Hoping to Impress

We have a friend who is a musician. He writes beautiful songs like no one else I have ever heard. His name is Brian Hall. He used to play out quite a bit but he is a little shy and our 'music scene' here has always left a lot to be desired. He works at the local Barnes and Noble now trying to help people find pleasing music. He is one of the nicest people I have ever known, scratch that, he is the nicest person I have ever known.

He played this song live once and I got shivers and well, really cannot explain the way I felt about this song. When he was through someone said something like 'thanks for depressing us Brian'. I never heard him play it again. He probably truly felt bad that he depressed someone. I told him once that I loved that song and I wished it was on one of his c.d.'s. When we were in the midst of recording our second album in his studio he gave me a copy of the song on one of the master c.d.s.

I was touched that he made me a copy and have played it for others who look at me like I am crazy when I say that I love this song. PLEASE listen to it. If you don't see the beauty in this song, I am sorry for you. It was not easy to find a way to get the song on the internet for you to hear, I would appreciate you giving it a listen. I hope it doesn't depress you, but it is the saddest song I have ever heard.

-june

Thank you blogger for your help.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is totally unrelated to your post, but your title makes me think of Austin Powers.

Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't know. I have never seen nor do I want to ever see those movies. The fact that anything I do reminds you of that depresses me.

Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I personally am no fan of Austin Powers, but Edge and Wes think it's hilarious.

We have actually banned it, because it's not so funny when your little girl starts retelling those jokes.