Thursday, February 14, 2008

To My Valentine

At first I thought I would write Ward a love letter for Valentine’s and then I remembered the year or so we spent apart and that I was never any good at the traditional love letter. I am not very good at clearly putting my emotions into words; they get all tied up in my brain before I can get them out or onto paper and the outcome is disastrous. Besides, I can always find a song that says what I want to say but better.

And love songs are abundant. So I thought I would pick a few to help me say how I feel about my co-blogger that I otherwise couldn’t (If you are hoping to find Whitney Houston or Let’s Get It On by Marvin Gaye on my list you will be disappointed).

To top the list would have to be Modern English’s I Melt With You, a better love song may not exist.

Next would have to be
In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel, followed by Just Like Heaven and Love Song by The Cure. Then, I’ll Stand by You by the Pretenders and dorky or not I Got You Babe by Sonny and Cher (is it a bad omen that these two wrote this song but then couldn’t make it work?). And Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler (you can hold the remote though) and All I Want is You by U2. And for the sappy factor Head Over Feet by Alanis Morissette and Ice Cream by Sarah McLachan.

And half of the Beatles catalog.

And that song by Lincoln about loving you but sometimes wishing you were dead.

And
This one goes out to the one I love.

-June

No comments: