Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thank You, Amazon

Alternate Title:

My Amazon Endorsement

I had been searching for some new music to listen to as I spend a lot of the day with music on in the background. I had purchased some new music from amazon earlier this year but most of it left me unimpressed with the exception of the new Magnetic Fields album Distortion. Then, about a week ago I went to order a game from amazon and on my amazon homepage there were recommendations for me. Among the recommendations was a new self-titled album by a band called Vampire Weekend. Amazon had recommended this album because I had recently purchased the new Magnetic Fields, and being that it is the only other new album so far this year that I have liked I thought I would head over to Rhapsody and give the album a listen.

Now I am hooked. I really like their sound (I find it to be reminiscent of Graceland). I picked it up at Target cheap and have been listening to it too loudly in my S.U.V.ever since.

I am also looking forward to new releases by R.E.M. and The Counting Crows.

Maybe 2008 is going to be a good year after all for music.

-June

No comments: