Friday, February 22, 2008

I Was That Big!

I was pregnant for what seemed like a very long time but was actually one day shy of 39 weeks. During that time I grew and grew and grew. The entire time people told me I looked great with the exception of my father who exclaimed “Gosh you’re huge” or “I can’t believe you’re even bigger” the next time I saw him. Turns out he was just being honest.

I know, most of us do it, we tell pregnant women that they look great but most of the time I really think that it’s true. There are occasionally a few that I tell this to because it’s obvious they are miserable and I want to make them feel better. This is what people were doing for me evidently.

Last night at Bunco someone brought some pictures to give to me from the Christmas party when I was 35 weeks pregnant. I looked at the picture of me and another member of the group who was 5 months pregnant at the time and thought “I was that big!”

For the last few months of my pregnancy people kept saying “You don’t look like you’re having twins,” and I didn’t, apparently I looked like I had swallowed a truck. And this picture is four weeks before I delivered, by then I must have looked like I had swallowed a fire truck, unfortunately there are no pictures to prove one way or another.

*(Faces have been changed to protect our identities)

Thing is, those same very people who told me I looked great then are saying the same thing now. My father has yet to see me, maybe I should just wait to hear what he has to say.
-June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture! Concidering what was in there you look great?

I actually think you friend was big for 5 months. Does that help?