Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No Pressure, Just Talking

So I realize it's been a while since my last music post. Some of you were probably hoping I had given up on my music posts and introducing you to any more music, especially after Wyclef Jean, but no I was just on vacation.

So here is one of my old favorites. I have been listening to these guys, well, probably before I could walk but I have been aware of them and enjoying them for quite some time. If you aren't familiar with them I will not sigh in your presence, if you are aware of them and don't think they are as cool as I do, then I possibly will sigh in your presence when given the chance.

So here we go:


Ah, just look at that jaw bone. If only I didn't hate you David Byrne for breaking up such a wonderful band and then selling out to Microsoft. Can I ever forgive you?





If you haven't already you should check out the movie this is from, True Stories. I showed it to Ward once, I don't think he cared much for it. I grew up thinking it was our families favorite movie so it may be nostalgia but I really like it nonetheless.



OK so I try and stick with 3 though I could go on and on right now. So check 'em out if you haven't (and I don't know how you could have missed these guys?).

In case you don't know by now it is the Talking Heads. They were around long before my time and broke up probably at the right time but from everything I have ever heard it was because Mr. Byrne wanted it all to be about him (that's what my dad told me anyways). The bassist and drummer have been married since the band first got started and they had some albums under the name Tom Tom Club but personally I think that they suck. And the other guitarist was originally from The Modern Lovers who I personally dig but not alot of people do but I can sort of see a similarity between Jonathon Richman and Talking Heads but maybe I am just trying to stretch one. Anyways, I miss you Talking Heads and sorry The Heads but it just isn't the same without Mr. Big Suit with Little Looking Head gone. Why did you even bother?

-june

No comments: