Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Incredible Weak June

Remember when I said I was going to start running? Well, I apparently am a big and fat liar. I had good intentions (which are never enough) and I bought a not inexpensive Double jogger and some really cute running shoes. I got a running buddy and I ran for a week, in June, during the hottest week we had all summer. I took the weekend off and never went back.

And then I gained weight. As should be expected when your day consists of sodium packed frozen entres, several blog posts and sitting on your bottom as your children crawl around and on you.

So last week I decided that I need to be a better role model for my children. I have decided to kick my 12 can a day Cherry Coke habit (to more like 2 cans a day) and get moving.

So far? My family and I have taken walks about every other day around the neighborhood, and walking up the hill on Runners Stone Lane really proved how out of shape I really am. The Cherry Coke? I am thinking that I will most probably need to join a support group, like CCAA (Cherry Coke Abusers Anonymous) and go daily. Everything about it is bad for you, I know. The calories, the sodium, all those ingredients with multipe hyphens but I just can't seem to drop it. Some people are addicted to alcohol, ciggerettes, coffee, sex, gambling, work, pain medicine, recreational drugs. Me, I am not addicted to any of those things. But suggest that I withdraw from soda consumption and my day is ruined.

I am mostly trying to be being funny. But it is just that hard. The fact is, I know I should cut back, I just don't really want to. I personally think that is a big distinction to make. Lots of people know that things they do are wrong or bad for them, it's just how badly do they want to stop.

I apparently ~gulp gulp~ don't want it all that badly.

The thing is I am not going to give it up, it's just too tempting that way. I will aim for less and less and hope that allowing myself to have it and choosing not to will be a good solution.


Here is to a real effort to cut back on the best thing since two cells became four and then 8 and then well you know how babies are conceived, right?

-june

No comments: