Friday, September 12, 2008

20 Cents An Hour Increase?

So you may not be able to tell from my camera phone picture to the left there, but Sheetz here in town is officially out of 87/89 octane gasoline.
That's right due to all that demand this afternoon all you can get is 93 octane for $3.89 a gallon.
So I guess it's a good thing that I drove up to Sheetz at 3:30 this afternoon (because my brother-in-law in Phoenix called and scared us into this frenzy along with every one else with threats that gas could jump 20 cents an hour until morning) and waited behind dozens of vehicles to fill the Sequoia's tank at $3.49 a gallon, even if it did take me 45 minutes.
We took our smaller SUV into town this evening and filled up with the 93, we figure if Sheetz is going to run out of gas that is the reason to fill up, not because it's going to be $5.50 by sun up.
With this gas shortage and all you would think there would be less people out and about, but there wasn't.

No comments: