Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Song 7

People often talk about favorite bands, favorite albums, favorite artists. I often don't know who my favorites are, they seem to change occasionally and I hate to leave anybody out when listing these things. However, there are several artists and albums that I seem to be forever fond of, for instance, Tori Amos.

I remember first hearing Tori Amos on 120 Minutes with my dad, he was far more impressed than I was but after he purchased 'Little Earthquakes' each song slowly grew on me until it became one of my favorite albums of all time. Even after all of these years, I still hold a place in my heart and my collection for this album.

I also went through a period of adolescent depression in which Tori Amos was my go-to feel sorry for myself pick. I think in the period of one month I listened to 'Boys for Pele' 600 times.

In memory of 120 Minutes and those times with my dad,

No comments: