Monday, January 12, 2009

Like I'm Totally Feeling Retro You Know?

My brother Ricky and his girlfriend Lucy bought me an XM radio reciever for my car and a three month subscription card. I was totally thrilled, like totally that is because not only had I been vying for XM Radio for years but it has the best 80's stations I've ever come across. Next week on Channel 44, 1st Wave, a whole week of The Cure. On the way to the grocery store today I got to listen to New Order, Depeche Mode and Tears For Fears. When I was young my sister loved Tears For Fears, we had a thing for male duos I guess (They Might Be Giants and The Coreys) and I can remember coming up with dance moves to "Everybody Wants to Rule the World". It's fun to be eight. Or ten. Or just young. We also had a whole dance routine for The Eurythmics "Last Time". Anyways, because I thought you would like a visual to walk down memory lane with me:




We danced way better than Annie Lennox and I think if paid enough, we could still perform the entire thing by heart. Forever embedded in our minds. What do you say Erin? At family dinner, Saturday?



My favorite of New Order (next to Regret, gotta love that intro)





No comments: