Despite our reluctance to acknowledge this Thursday as Turkey Day we will be having our annual Black Friday/No Turkey Thanksgiving Dinner with a twist this year. We will be having turkey,
In the spirit of Thanksgiving we will also be reading this wonderful short story to the children about a group of students who visit Farmer Mack Nuggett and his eight Turkeys who are about to be made into Thanksgiving dinner when the children get a better idea. I don't believe this book is 'leftist crap' or 'anti-farmer' as many amazon reviewers suggested. It is a light, funny, make believe story that is a nice twist on Thanksgiving, especially for vegetarian families like ourselves.
Oh, and let's not forget some of the things I am thankful for today:
4. My Nikon D80 and all the things I have been able to record with it over the past 8 months.
5. Washing machine and dryer. I can’t say that I love them, but can you imagine life without them?
6. Bubble bath, good books and an hour to myself.
7. My wonderful husband who does everything for me and who turns 34 today.
8. Being able to stay home with our children.
9. That my mom, dad, brother, sister and mother-in-law called me yesterday.