Saturday, October 11, 2008

Insomniac?

Last night I was up pondering the dynamics of a normal mother/daughter-in-law situation until well after 1 a.m. I went to bed only to toss and turn and finally, I think around 2 a.m. I managed a little ZZZs. Unfortunately, at 4:45 I woke up and couldn't get back to bed, at 5 I made an immediate date with a novel and took a long soak in the tub. I wasn't able to go back to bed until after six and was up less than two hours later for good with the kids.

When I was pregnant I couldn't sleep. There were a few days when I didn't sleep at all, I would pace the house and watch hours of 80s videos on Vh1 Classics or soak my self to raisin skin in the tub, ah those were the days. I also had carpel tunnel syndrome, water retention, heartburn, indigestion, hiccups, gas, stretch marks, back ache, headaches, and bleeding gums, but all of those ailments are gone now (OK, with the exception of those stretch marks that I know will never go away despite what my friend Amy tells me) so why does the insomnia persist?

Maybe this is a new breed of insomnia. Maybe I am worrying too much about the things I cannot change. Maybe I need to recite that Serenity Prayer a few times and take a few Tylenol PM's.

Oh, and ban CNN in my house until AIG stops asking the Feds for money.

-june

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

curiousity is killing me.