Monday, October 27, 2008

Party Recap

So this weekend we had our first Halloween party since...well, I can't remember so maybe, ever? Ward and I spent most of Friday afternoon and night baking, cutting, shredding, ricing, etc., etc. I baked a Pumpkin Cake and he willingly iced it.


Saturday morning during nap I ran out and got a few last minute things but then I came home, put on my torn fishnets and got a move on all the last minute touches, which it turned out was quite a bit, despite our hours of work Friday. Throwing a party is a lot of work, and for me, a lot of fun.

I made Brain Cookies. They're Emeril's recipe and always a pretty big hit. I enjoy their taste but I also enjoy using the Potato Ricer to make them, ah fun.


We also made Kitty Litter Cake. Um, it looked gross but it also kind of tasted gross. Few adults of children would eat it but I did frighten/entertain/shock one small boy when his Mom was telling him it was Kitty Litter and I ate some 'poop' (Tootsie Rolls).


We also dipped EVERYTHING WE COULD FIND in chocolate; Apples, Strawberries, Marchmarllows, Pretzels, Nilla Wafers, Pinto Beans.
Just kidding about the beans.
The Pretzels and Apples were the biggest hit.
Shortly before everyone got here we decided that we had too much food for the pennisula where we usually put everuthing and we had to put the overflow on the kitchen table. Then we got into our Halloween Costumes. Ward and I were Vampires. There are no pictures of us together.


In that Skull Cookie Jar, Brain Dip, our own special recipe. On the platter to the left...

A Cheese Body!!! Hahahahahah....I know we're terribly goofie not spooky. We put a spreader in his chest.


Finally, guests started arriving. This is Count Ward and Dying Blackbeard.
The earlier part of the evening was mainly focused on our friends with families and their kids. It went better than playgroup does and the kids ranged from 6 months to 10 years. For more photos of this portion of the party you can go here.

But then Freaks started showing up, like this one, and most of the parents left with their children. Thanks Gerald.

But the pirate remained.
And so did Amy Winehouse and her agent.
And these people. Who were?

VAMPIRE SLAYERS.
(OK, James on the left there was Lestat I think)

But Ricky was like Blade meets Angel or Wesley (Angel, reference) or something.Ricky and Lucy were my favorite, by far.

All in all (that's my favorite summary starter/closer), it was a pretty fun evening.

Everybody had a pretty good time, except for maybe Mr. Cheese Body, who was completely gone by the end of the evening. They went for his limbs first.

Even though it was a lot of work, it was also a lot of fun.

No comments: