Sunday, October 12, 2008

Book Club

So a few weeks ago I sent out an email after talking to a few people who were interested in the idea of a reading group/book club and I got tremendous feedback, I think we are up to possibly 13 or 14 people, I am so excited.

I chose The Time Travelers Wife as our first read. I read it two years ago while I was in bed for our second round of IVF. I remember really enjoying it and I wished other people were reading it so I could talk about it with them. So I start this book group and I have Ward read the book and I got his feedback. And now, well now I am not so sure that I have suggested the right book to start our little group off on, but it is a little too late now I guess to worry with it. I am reading the book again and I still really like it, it fits me, it has things I can relate to, but the theme and language may be a little testy for a new book group.

Oh well, should make for an interesting discussion I suppose and that is I guess all I really wanted in the first place so I guess I should feel satisfied.

I mean I could have suggested Breaking Dawn!

-june

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you made a great choice for a first book! I do love "The Time Traveler's Wife" and I'll bet you'll get lots of good discussion from it. At the very least, you'll get a good idea of who's really committed to the process!

Good luck.