Friday, January 29, 2010

I love learning something new.

I am addicted to blogging.  It’s the plain and simple truth.  You have perhaps never known someone to create, work on, delete and ponder so many blogs and posts in your life.  I think there have been eight or nine blogs and several hundred posts.

No, I’m not kidding.  Thank you very much.  I have deleted all but four of them.  This one, the baking one, the running one and then the photo one for the family are all that remain of my blogging endeavors. 

So I love blogger and their free site.  I really do.  But I don’t particularly care for the blogger posting layout.  It’s just always annoyed me and I am always trying to change it and learn a thing or two about the grand ‘ole internet.  Well today I think I finally learned something. 

You see over at my baking site I have decided to bake up a whole weeks worth of muffins starting on Sunday.  And I wanted to tell my oh so many readers what I was working up…but I couldn’t figure it out.  I can’t write HTML code myself and I was just not getting the result I was looking for otherwise.  I grew very frustrated, drank a diet coke and ate four slices of oatmeal bread while pondering the question via google and burning my Friday evening away.

Until finally I learned about something called Microsoft Live Writer.  And I did the unthinkable.  I downloaded it, which I never ever ever do.  Download anything that is.  I’m honestly just plain scared to.  My computers get virus’ more often than any of my toddlers and that seems to be saying something.  But desperate and obsessed I proceeded with the download. 

Here it is, only two hours later and I am writing my first post on it.  Thus far I am loving it.  If nothing else it  allowed me to create a document in Word bring it over to Live Writer, get the source code and then post it, like I wanted to, in boxes elsewhere on my site.  Whew.  Just what I wanted.

I love learning. 

It’s why I went to college for seven years.

Truth be told.  It was only 5 1/2 years.

No comments: