Friday, May 1, 2009

23 Weeks Already?

This is the fastest pregnancy ever. OK, I'm exaggerating, but it just felt like I was pregnant with the twins for maybe six or seven years. OK, I'm still exaggerating, which I am prone to by the way, but I can't believe in just a few days we reach viability.

This morning I went for my 'free' ultrasound. It had better be free because it only lasted about 10 minutes and there was no real measuring or scanning of the baby. Just a few quick shots for the video. The heartbeat was 146 BPM and the baby, there is no mistake about it, is 100% a boy. I was explaining to the tech that it was important for me to get the video because Todd hadn't been able to make it to any of the ultrasounds. So what did she do? She switched to the 3/D ultrasound and let me tell you it was both freaky and absolutely amazing. She didn't do it for very long because we weren't paying for it, but she did get the babies face. We could clearly see babies nose (looks a little like Cooper's) and babies philtrum dimple and column (that look like Bailey's). We saw a hand with five fingers and baby sucking on his lower lip. A pretty awesome experience and the DVD worked this time!!!

I took a 23 week photo but I was so disappointed in my plumpness and it's lack of roundedness that I decided that it would be best for my self esteem if I waited a week in hopes of sharing a more rounded shot.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

How fun that you got a 3D peek at him! Our imaging center didn't offer that the last time I was pregnant.

I'm following you from the MBC Under 100 Club. I'm looking forward to reading more!