Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A terrible thing happened on the way to my blog...

Originally, today's post was going to be about my take on the current state of the economy and these proposed refunds that all americans are going to get in mid-May.

But when I woke up this morning a terrible thing had happened. We had no connection to the internet.

I didn't realize how much I rely on the internet currently until I couldn't access it. With the birth of our children we decided we wouldn't watch TV in their presence, well if I am home they are in my presence so I haven't watched TV in almost a month. So I use the internet to get news, updates about the primaries, the death of Heath Ledger, the governments proposal to kick start the economy. I use the internet to check the weather, I know I could just step outside but I don't actually need to go anywhere, checking the weather is just a habit. I use the internet to stay in touch with friends since no one calls the house anymore. I check my e-mail almost hourly and myspace daily. I shop on-line buying birthday gifts and new music, since I can't go anywhere. I use the internet to watch videos on uTube and funnyordie.com. I use the internet to read about and see trailers for movies I'm not going to be able to watch for a very long time. I know that I sound pathetic but I need the internet to continue to feel a connection to the outside world, to continue to feel human.

It was like a cruel joke that I couldn't log on today. I tried all morning and when at 3:15 I tried and up popped the google search engine, I was finally calmed.

No comments: