Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm so excited!

I finally managed to squeeze in a shopping trip at amazon (if you're wondering what took me so long please give me a break as I gave birth to twins in the interim and have since been recovering). I was still longing to replace Disintegration when I read that Stephen Merritt had just completed another album under the Magnatic Fields name. Having been a fan of Merritt's songwriting since I heard a local artist cover All Dressed Up in Dreams I knew I had to look into this new album, the first in almost four years for him.



While at amazon I decided to look into some other artists that I enjoy because with the new year I thought it would be nice to have some new music to listen to. So I decided to pick up a Belle and Sebastian c.d. I had never purchased but has the song Like Dylan in the Movies on it. I also ordered The Formats Interventions and Lullabies. If you're not familiar with The Format I suggest you check them out. One of my nephews recommended them to me and I must say I was instantly hooked after buying Dog Problems last year. I also picked up the new Radiohead but I must admit that was more for my spouse than for myself.


And of course Disintegration.


Amazon assures me that my items will be here on Monday (I almost paid more for expedited shipping but I refrained).


In addition to my new collection of c.d.s soon to arrive in the mail, I got a very wonderful Christmas gift from my sister that I am very excited about, The Brit Box, a compilation of some 78 songs from artists like The Smiths (they're everyone's favorite right?), Teenage Fanclub, The Stone Roses, and the list goes on. I must admit I am not familiar with all of the artists but I am hopeful from the list of the artists that I do know that the whole thing will be pretty good.


Now if only I can find the time to listen (and I mean really listen) to all this new music.

-June

No comments: