Thursday, April 23, 2009

I don't mean to keep you wondering.

On Tuesday I went for my big ultrasound. The baby looked great and I had the same wonderful ultrasound tech who performed the first ultrasound two weeks earlier. The baby weighed 1 pound and was turning and movind and looking just beautiful. It is during the 'big' ultrasound that you get a video of the baby. When I had the big ultrasound with Bailey and Cooper my doctor's office was still doing VHS recordings. A month later they went to DVD. So with this baby I was to get a DVD recording. However, when the lady gave me the disc she said it might not work and if it didn't to call them back. So I came home immediately and watched the video and guess what? It didn't work. I wasn't going to call because I couldn't see how they could replace my live recording but I decided I would call just to see why the tech told me that. Well it turns out I get another ultrasound free of charge next week. I am excited as I will be in my 23rd week when I have that ultrasound and every time I get to see the baby it calms my nerves even more.
I won't however make you all wait any longer to find out what we're having. I have known for two and a half weeks. And it was confirmed again this past Tuesday, so without further ado....

The tech said "I would definitely buy blue, there is no question this baby is a boy."

So the draino test was indeed correct. As were Todd's premonitions. Here's to hoping this new baby doesn't have feet quite so wide as Cooper, all those never worn shoes might actually get some wear.

Also, just in case you were wondering I have a subchorionic hematoma, which is basically bleeding on the placenta. I would be more worried but one of the twins had that same thing at 7wks last time and it did indeed go away before I had the 11 week ultrasound. The doctor assures me it is very small and will probably be gone in a few weeks. I have had no further bleeding and have been trying to take it easyish. This ultrasound next week will be a nice chance to see if the hematoma is any smaller, which I hope it is.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Can we a pirated copy of that DVD, we need something to replace our High School Musical DVD? I think that would be just the ticket.

Cheryle said...

Boys are grand! I had three, and have FOUR grandsons! My first granddaughter will arrive in July, and I confess I'm nervous.

Congratulations to all of you.